What is MERLIN?
Media Resources for Language Instruction
Project MERLIN provides a link between Alliance Française language classes and media libraries.
- Places the Library as a central factor in the language-learning process
- Promotes usage of the library by students and members
- Will help librarians/staff build a Centre de Ressources FLE for your students
- Encourages librarians to be a part of the language learning process as a coach, cultural agent and teacher in their own right
- Unites the library and the school for the service of students and teachers
As a result, this website provides access to bibligraphies, online activities, pedagogical contents and other information about French language learning. One access targets learners of French while the other caters to librarians, teachers and educational directors needs.
MERLIN was originated in 2007 by the Director of the Library of the French Institute Alliance Française de New York and completed with the help of the Délégation générale de l'Alliance Française aux États-Unis, funded in part by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs. See complete credits